I think the barriers of implementing 1 to 1 computing are lack of budget, lack of teacher training, lack of quality hardware and software and lack of support staff.
When I volunteered at an elementary school in Fulton County, I was informed that one technology coordinator is responsible for the whole school from fixing printers to helping teachers. I heard Forsyth County allows two technology coordinators, one responsible for hardware and the other for helping teachers.
I am not a teacher, but I don’t feel like our public school system is ready to support 1 to 1 computing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I agree with you Erin. It will and is a very diffcult thing to implement especially with the lack of funding and teacher training in schools for 1 to 1 computing.
You make a good point about teacher training. There are many "old school" teachers left out there, and I think it would be a long roa trying to get everyone trained. Plus, when would we have the time? Those are some real dilemmas that face 1:1 implementation unfortunately.
You make great points! We don't have the support staff to maintain the technology we have now, let alone enough to support thousands more computers. The financial burden of this is just too much in my opinion. Even if the computers were donated, the schools would still have to pay for maintenance, and that is just not very realistic.
Post a Comment