Sunday, October 5, 2008

What small change might I make to my project to increase creativity?

October 5, 2008

This is a hard question. I get nervous whenever I hear the word “creative” because I am very weak in creativeness. I maybe can change the animal zoo book assignment to a digital zoo book using Kidpix, PowerPoint or Scrapblog. Other than that, I cannot think of anything...

I think it is that time of the semester when people are busy catching up with classes, and I am no exception.

3 comments:

julianne said...

Hey, Erin!
So since you said you were weak in the creativity department, I thought I'd try to come up with some ideas for you. Maybe as a funny twist, your students could come up with a crazy animal that no one has ever heard of and add that to the book. Or they could come up with new categories to classify the animals. Just some ideas! :) I also liked your idea to make the book digital.

Anonymous said...

I think the digital zoo book sounds very creative to me. Using the programs like kidpix, powerpoint, and even iPhoto would work for a photo book of animals where they could make a slide show or also put them into a iMovie presentation or something would be neat also. I also liked Julianne's idea about creating their own animal. You could come up with a rubric or limitations of what they animal needs to survive and then the student could design their own animal to put into book. Have a great week!

gretchygirl32 said...

I understand where you are coming from, Erin. I am definitely trying to catch up in mine! Creativity can be very challenging. I think you are on the right track in considering a digital zoo book using Scrapblog or a similar program. These are so much fun. The problem I ran into with these types of programs is the need for student email addresses in order to register for these sites. Gaggle.net is a way around it, but it can be a pain too because you still have to set them up.