I have decided to make a Webquest for this project. I am glad that I still have a Quest Garden account because it easily guides you when making Webquests.
Here is my introduction for the students.
You have a mission! You are working at the Imagination Zoo in Atlanta, Georgia. There are animals waiting for homes in the zoo. It will be your job to classify animals into mammals, reptiles, amphibians, aves (birds), and fish, and find separate habitats for the animals so they can live harmoniously in the zoo.
Here is a rough lesson plan.
The learning goals of this lesson will be:
1. Students will gain basic knowledge to name the animals.
2. Students will learn differences of each category such as mammals, reptiles, amphibians, aves (birds), and fish.
3. Students will learn to place animals into the right categories.
4. Students will work within a group to make an animal zoo book and presentation.
Teacher will show animal pictures and real animal videos to deliver the concept of animal classification. Students will focus on animals’ skin, fur, and reproduction style. Then, students will work with groups of three people to classify animal pictures from the basket to the animal zoo book. After your animal zoo adventure, each team will make a group presentation in front of the class, and will be asked to give feedback to other groups.
The diagram Dr. Moore has shown to the class explains well on how this individual project is supposed to be.
PBL, Backwards Design, ISTE, and LoTi should intertwine together to make a successful 7500 Project.
PBL, Backwards Design, ISTE, and LoTi should intertwine together to make a successful 7500 Project.
I am still struggling with LoTi level 4 for my age group.

3 comments:
Hey, Erin! Your project idea sounds great sounds wonderful. I love WebQuests and my students really like them too. It's such a great way to have students control their own learning and discovery. Maybe to get it up to a level five you might have a guest speaker that works with animals or something? I'll try to think of more ideas to try to get it up to a Level 5. Have a great week!
Wow! The project looks great. I would love to learn how to make Webquest. They seems like a great way to get children involved through exploring. They are able to learn through using the internet for research too which is amazing. I can't wait to see how your project turns out. Maybe to bump it up a level you could have your students go on a "nature walk" trying to find animals or talk about what type of animals would live where, or even if there is a close zoo or science center near by look for field trips of bring in animals. You could also use streamline video that would show animal classification. www.unitedstreaming.org
The webquest is a great idea! I've never done one, so I'll be eager to see yours. I love that you are having them place themselves in a local role having to do with something I daresay all of the kids love: animals!
Post a Comment