This is the first blog I am creating ever. I am excited to be part of the booming blogging community and I hope I can somewhat provide education content for other users to read.
My focus on this blog will be EDIT 7500, implementing technology in a K-12 learning environment.
This week’s class assignment was to find 10 web pages that will help me design and develop an integration project. I plan to do my project on teaching K-2nd grade students on how to classify animals such as mammals, reptiles, amphibians, aves (birds), and fish.
In a traditional classroom, a teacher would lecture in front of the classroom, and explain different types of animals by showing some pictures. However, in this integration project, I want to design a lesson by using videos, interactive games, and maybe webquests.
While I was looking for 10 web pages, I was impressed by all the amazing technology resources out there for FREE. Technology can motivate learners to learn more than just visually these days. I hope to do more research on this topic as the semester goes, and hope to design a project that can be used in a real classroom setting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Erin, I agree there are so many free resources out there for us! Have you decided on the content you wish to deliver during your project? From that point on you can find the best resources available. I'm glad you are now blogging! I'm new to blogging too, and I have to say I enjoy it!
I am new at blogging also. Your project sounds like a great idea. It is pretty similar to what I am going to do with my project. I know I want to do science and its great that you actual have narrowed down which topics in science you would like to focus on. I think once you decide the technology you want to use, you will have a great start on your project. If you find any good lesson on 2nd grade let me know! Good luck with starting your project.
I guess we're all new on the blogging cicuit! Your project sounds great. Do you know the grade level you want to implement it in?
I'm glad you're doing science, because I think that subject area really intrigues kids, and that's always nice to see. I hope that you can easily decide on the technology you want to use. Hopefully some inspiration will come your way. I'll keep an ear out for some cool science resources to pass your way. :)
Post a Comment